I met up with the Northies for dinner at a Veneto Napoli Pizzeria Ristorante. I have heard of Aveneto from a friend, but I haven't really tried since I could always find an Italian resto everywhere. The last Italian resto I have been is Buon Giorno, which I think is the best I've tried.
a Veneto means "in Venetian" in Italian.
As we are waiting for other people, we ordered the a Veneto Family Platter (Php 300).
The a Veneto Family Platter contains cheddar munchers, fries, chicken wings and crabsticks.
We also ordered Baked Ziti with Chicken (Php 315) and Seafood Pasta Parmigiana (Php 275)
The pastas were served piping hot. They have generous servings, and they are very generous with the mozzarella cheese too!
The pizza had lots of green bell pepper (which I love) and lots of mozzarella. The pizza tastes almost like Shakey's pizza with less character.
This tastes good, I guess we should have ordered more oil and garlic based pasta.
- They have generous servings of pasta, which I didn't expect.- The ambiance is cozy, one could forget that the resto is located near the food court.
- They are generous with mozzarella cheese.- Though I'm not a seafood fan, the seafood pasta has big toppings of mussels and squid.
- It was quite affordable. We paid less than Php 2000 (5% service charge included) for 9 persons.
- The parmesan cheese should be asked from the server. In other Italian restos, it should already be on the table.- They have only 2 servers. The restaurant could accomodate around 60 people should have 3-4 servers, most especially during peak hours.
- The spaghetti pasta could have been thinner, but that's my personal preference. :)
I recommend a Veneto for affordable Italian pasta and pizza. :) I guess I should try the other pizzas next time.
a Veneto Napoli Pizzaria Ristorante
Basement Level, Bldg ASM Megamall
EDSA cor. Julia Vargas AvenueMandaluyong City