I'll let you in a secret: I know how to cook. Though I can't say that I'm an expert, I know how to cook dishes, and even desserts. So I decided to share some recipes that I would usually cook or experiment on cooking at home.
|Macaroni and Cheese|
My kid siblings love macaroni, but it's my kid brother who loves Mac and Cheese. He'd always eat the instant noodles version, so I tried cooking this dish for him.
I have read complicated variations of this dish, but this version is quite simple so you can always create this at home.
white onion, chopped
2-3 tbsps all-purpose flour
185g quickmelt cheese, grated
200g elbow macaroni
1 can Vienna sausage, cubed
100 g or half bar butter
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups milk
1. Cook the elbow macaroni according the package instructions.
2. Saute garlic and onion on butter.
3. Mix in the all-purpose flour to create a roux. Add the milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Continue mixing until it thickens.
5. Add the Vienna sausage before turning off the stove.
6. Combine the pasta and the cheese sauce.
7. Bake in the oven at 350F.
Optional: You may substitute hotdogs or bacon for Vienna sausage.
My brother was so excited to try it that he ate it fresh from the oven. I'll try using other cheeses next time, but my brother and I loved this dish. :)
Budget: approximately Php 200