The weather's being uncooperative lately -- well, I think insane is the more proper word to describe it. As our family was stuck at home, I was asked by my mom to cook a rainy day favorite: Macaroni Soup. :)
I love how flexible this soup is, as you tweak its ingredients according to what's available at home.
1 onion, chopped
1 small can of luncheon meat, cubed
1 carrot, cubed
2 cups cabbage, slightly shredded
2-3 chicken broth cubes
1/4 kilo chicken, boiled and shredded
1-2 cups evaporated milk
400 grams elbow macaroni
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute garlic and onion. Add the shredded chicken. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add broth cubes, 1-2 cups water and milk.
3. Add the macaroni and luncheon meat. Add more water if needed.
4. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add the carrots and cabbage.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
7. Serve hot.
You may use Vienna sausage or maling instead of luncheon meat, and use fresh milk instead of evaporated milk. Note that you may adjust the taste by adding more water or adding broth cubes. You may also cook the macaroni separately. Enjoy!