I was invited last week to have do a road taste in one of the branches of Balai Pandesal. I visited the C. Raymundo Pasig location.
Balai Pandesal is a homegrown brand started by college friends back in 2012. Angelo Yaneza, one of the owners, explained that Balai Pandesal only use quality ingredients for all their baked products.
Freshly-baked on site, Balai Pandesal has three sizes for Pandesal: Bonete (Php 1.50 per piece or Php 30 for a pack of 20's), Pandesalitas (Php 3.50 per piece) and Pandesal (Php 7 per piece).
Soft and chewy, the Pandesalitas can be eaten as it is, but tastes better with your favorite spread. I love my Pansedalitas with ham and melted cheese for breakfast.
Balai Pandesal also serve both savory and sweet breads on site.
For sweet breads, I love the Spanish Bread (Php 17 for single, Php 32 for double) and the Cheese Bread (Php 20 for single, Php 37 for double). I also liked the newest bread, the Baguio Raisin Bread (Php 69) and other popular Filipino breads, the Classic Ensaymada (Php 27), Kalihim (Php 35), Cinnamon Roll (Php 29), Chocolate Crinkles (Php 35) and Ube Bread (Php 29).
|Super Meaty Pizza|
Balai Pandesal also offers 18" Filipino style pizza, with 2 flavors: Hamonado Pizza (Php 69 per slice) and Super Meaty Pizza (Php 79 per slice). A slice is quite huge that it can be shared by two persons.
I also enjoyed their savory breads such as the Hotdog Swirl (Php 29 for single, Php 55 for double) and the Ham and Cheese Bun (Php 39). I must note that Balai Pandesal uses premium products like Swift and Eden for their breads.
With most of Balai Pandesal stores open 24/7, you can get your Filipino bread favorites freshly baked
Can't wait for them to open a branch near me. :)
Thanks to Angelo Yaneza for having us.
1. 134 Mindanao Avenue, Project 8, Quezon City
2. 104 D. Tuazon Street, Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City
3. 95 Commonwealth Avenue, East Fairview Quezon City
4. 454 Barangka Drive, Bgy. Malamig, Mandaluyong City
5. PLG39 Fairview Terraces, Novaliches, Quezon City
6. 172 C. Raymundo Avenue, Bgy. Maybunga, Pasig City
7. Unit 7, Level 3, Dela Rosa Carpark 2, Dela Rosa St., Legaspi Village, Makati City
8. Shell Gas Station, McKinley Road corner EDSA, Bgy. Forbes Park, Makati City
9. G/F Metro Pointe Centre, P. Guevarra St. corner N. Averilla St., San Juan City