A few days ago, I received a package of a local brand named Super Tuyo for me to try. It was very timely because I was craving for creamy yet salty pasta.
Super Tuyo is a brainchild of Gilberto Tongo of Tongo's Catering Services as a way to ship Filipino relatives abroad some tuyo without the unpleasant smell. Super Tuyo is deboned tuyo (or dried herring) in its signature chili garlic sauce.
Super Tuyo comes in three flavors: Original, Sweet & Spicy, and Famous Spicy.
Super Tuyo tastes good with
...on top of rice
and with pasta.
Here's a simple recipe for Tuyo Pasta.
1-2 tbsps butter
1-2 tsp olive oil
3-4 pieces garlic, chopped finely
250 grams fettuccine pasta
Super Tuyo (Original, Sweet & Spicy or Famous Spicy)
1-2 tbsps all-purpose cream
salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
2. Saute garlic in butter. Add olive oil.
3. Add cream to the garlic mixture.
4. Add the Super Tuyo to the mixture then add the pasta.
5. Coat the pasta with the tuyo sauce. Add salt and pepper accordingly.
6. Add more cream if necessary.
You can bring Super Tuyo as baon or as pasalubong to friends and family. I enjoy eating Super Tuyo with just about anything. I'm sure you'll love it too.
Super Tuyo is available in bottles for Php 150 and in packs for Php 85. You may order Super Tuyo at these locations.
Super Tuyo by Tongo's Foods
Contact Details: (02) 7930915 / 0925656TUYO