I did some book-hoarding lately from Fully-Booked, Powerbooks and Bookay-Ukay Pilipinas. And so I solved my life-long problem: not having any book to read. I also received books last Christmas, and that makes me a very, very, happy girl. ;)
I'm a voracious reader. My love for reading started when I was in Grade 2, when I was offered to buy an atlas (so I forced my mom to buy it for me, I still have that book with me).
This year, I'm trying to read as many books as I can. For January, I read 4 books.
Let me share with you some insights about these books:
1. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella
- The second book in the Shopaholic series, Becky Bloomwood was asked by her boyfriend, Luke, to accompany him to New York. Leaving behind a flourishing career giving financial advice on TV and accumulating more debts from buying more TV outfits, how will Becky tell Luke of her situation and how will she pay her bills?
- I was getting annoyed on how Becky buys clothes and some other items, thinking it was an investment. Reading the Shopaholic series reminds me to be more frugal and save more.
2. Diana: The Making of a Saint by Ted Harrison
- Another Diana biography (and another addition to my Diana collection, thanks to Andrew), including how some people consider Diana as an angel, a saint and even created a religion for Diana.
3. Like The Flowing River by Paulo Coelho
- A collection of thoughts and reflections based from Paulo Coelho's experiences, with anecdotes from famous people. I don't like Paulo Coelho that much but this book made me think a lot of things. I see myself re-reading it soon.
4. Pugad Baboy 18 by Pol Medina Jr
- Another addition to my Pugad Baboy collection (I currently have PB 5, 6, 7, 8, 18, 19, 21, 22 and 23). Pugad Baboy never fails in making me giggle. I'm hoping to complete this collection soon.
Hoping to share more books with you this 2012. :)